Edmonton, Canada, T6A 0T5
Joined on January, 2013
Mon/Wed/Fri after 6PM
Up to 30 minutes away for a flat fee
EducationBachelor of Arts with Distinction in Political Science, minor in Philosophy from University of Alberta
ExperienceI am a friendly and outgoing person who believes that anyone can succeed if given the proper tools and support. If you are having difficulty in English or Social Studies, there is lots you can do to improve your grades! First, I can help you learn valuable study skills that will put you on track to succeed. Once a good study environment has been created, we can focus on:
- Learning to engage a text and using language to express your understanding of those texts
- Learning to study and analyze complex literary texts
- Gaining knowledge about Canadian and Alberta history, including political history
- Understanding important terms and definitions
- Learning to formulate a proper thesis
- Developing sound arguments to support your thesis
- Properly formatting argumentative and/or opinion essays
- Preparing for and writing exam (timed) essays
- Preparing for English and Social Studies exams
I have experience in curriculum planning, development and coordination as well as high school ESL program facilitation. I am currently working full time as a Program Coordinator for Youth Strategies at the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.
Realizing that you have the power to succeed in the classroom is only a tutor away. Call me anytime!
HobbiesI enjoy reading fiction, practicing yoga and watching cheesy TV shows on Netflix. I'm interested in traveling the world and learning new languages. I am total a nerd who likes to laugh and have fun. Very easy going and optimistic! I look forward to meeting you :)
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.